Sunday, February 10, 2008

Letter to Ben...oh Ben...



With Valentines Day coming up, and not wanting to touch school work my friend Mike wrote this great poem. I present to you our first celebrity blogger.

Dear Uncle Ben,

Roses are red, Violets are blue
Our economy is weak and the dollar is too
With uneasy employment growth and flat consumer spending
It's pretty obvious Ben, that our markets need mending

Although I'm happy with the Fed's rate easing concession
I am about to bet the farm that we will end up in a recession

And while we may actually just skirt an actual decline
Real GDP at less than 1% still isn't fine

Whether it be a contraction in service-sector activity or the Jobless claim data
Ben you should know, that we should do something sooner than latea'

Over the next few months I'm hoping to see resilience in what corporations earn
Because that may provide a floor and assist in avoiding an overall downturn

XOXO,

Mike

3 comments:

jkill said...

That is the funniest shit I've ever read.

DavKSus said...

the poem is almost as good as the picture... im tempted to make that my desktop wallpaper

PENNY STOCK INVESTMENTS said...

Ben is bent out of shape.